Monday, January 2, 2012

Final Dinner of 2011!



"Mostly" everyone knows that going out to eat for NYE can be annoying and less than enjoyable. For me, it's keeping it on a personal level and staying away from the crowds. So, for my last meal of 2011, I chose to cook it myself! Jason was my kitchen assistant, and did his best to follow instructions. It turns out, taste testing is his specialty!  


The menu started with melted fresh mozzarella with peppadew peppers, tomatoes and herb infused EVO, served with toasted crostini's. The main dish was Bourbon-glazed Salmon, Sweet-potato and parmesan risotto.  Jason brought a Pinot Grigio to accompany dinner.


Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to stop at the liquor store earlier this week, and you can imagine the line I came across when I attempted to pick up the bourbon Saturday afternoon. I abandoned the mission and substituted with dark rum, which I probably wouldn't have been able to differentiate anyway. It was my first time cooking risotto from scratch, and I was very pleased with the result! That will definitely not be my last time playing with flavor variations.


Now that we are in 2012, I'm more ready than ever to eat and drink what comes my way! 


Happy New Year, foodies!











No comments:

Post a Comment